bkgrnd

April 12, 2011

Formula to Whole Milk...

Well it has come time to switch Mr. Mason over to whole milk.  We have opted for the organic milk--just seemed like the right thing to do...though I question if whole milk from our local Jewel is really any different... can it really be loaded with growth hormones?  I wouldn't think so, but alas we are going organic.

Most of my friends said... just switch to milk and take the bottle away, no biggie.  I felt good about it too so yesterday I did. Mason took sips here and there but nothing substantial. He didn't hate which is a big plus because this child is PICKY! (i.e hates cake?!  is he my child?). I do think he is struggling with letting go of the comforts of the bottle. This morning at the good ole pediatrician we were told 16-24oz per day of whole milk since Mason is ranking in the 10% for weight (19.4lbs). Hmm, this will be a challenge.... should I still give him a bottle at night and in the morning and then sippys all day?  Or stick to my guns on the no bottle.  Its gonna be a long week....

Drinking whole (organic) milk

No comments:

Post a Comment